For the Chiang Mai facility in Thailand, we are looking for a Senior Industrial engineer with very good understanding of the native Thai culture and language.
Senior Industrial Engineer (M/F)
The Senior industrial engineer will report directly to the plant manager.
Responsibilities and duties
The day to day duties will contain, but not be limited to, the following tasks:
- Create work instructions and set up the time metrics for each process. Line balancing.
- Monitors and reports production performance against goals, especially those related to waste, productivity and cycle time.
- Define and improve shop floor lay out.
- Overseeing production processes and improve them.
- Provides input for efficiency, runtime and waste reduction to Production.
- Applies Lean concepts and efforts as in Kaizen, Standard Work, 5S, or other methods to improve productivity, reduce waste, improve safety and reduce cycle time.
- Able to create productivity reports.
- Training and motivating staff in order to set up a continuous improvement mindset.
- Design jigs and tools for production.
- Come with idea’s and proposal to improve productions times.
- Assist Production Manager by giving training to explain processes and instructions.
- Come with investment proposals to improve productivity.
- Will address performance issues to Management.
The Senior Industrial Engineer should have at least the following qualifications:
- Native Thai and Fluent in English as it is needed in daily communications with colleagues and foreign management.
- Industrial Engineering degree.
- Relevant working experience. Background in automotive industry will be appreciated, but not mandatory.
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills.
- Lean manufacturing principles and demonstrated use of the tools (Kaizen, 5S, Six Sigma)
- Strong communicator with social interpersonal skills.
If you are interested, please send your resume together with cover letter to email@example.com.