Please follow all steps below to perform a firmware update for the ControlPro/HMI. If you download the zip-file the below instructions are also attached as pdf. Please print them and follow the steps carefully.
How to know the current firmware version
Before you start, check the firmware version of your ControlPro/HMI:
- Turn ControlPro power on.
- The “HOMESCREEN” will appear on your ControlPro/HMI display.
- Press the [ i ] button to open the “operational information” screen.
- Scroll down to “System info – ControlPro/HMI” to find the current “firmware version”.
Note: If this shows the latest version (Version 3.7.4 or later), there’s no need to update your ControlPro/HMI.
- USB functionalities now work on the USB port of the ControlPro/HMI instead of the internal USB port inside the ControlPro/Panel:
- Backup and restore settings
- Export overall event log
- Import language files
- Updated HTML interface for proper operation in Chrome version 80 and higher
- Several small bug fixes
- Added lock mode for homescreen function, see “5.7 Lock mode”.
- Complete new function to create an extra password protection on the controlling functions of the home screen (start/stop fan, extra timer settings, STOP, manual cleaning).
- Make Ethernet setting available.
- Static IP (IP Address, Subnet mask, Default gateway, Broadcast address, DNS).
- Several small bug fixes.
What you will need to update your ControlPro/HMI
- ControlPro/Panel with ControlPro/HMI connected.
- A USB-memory device (USB 2.0 or 3.0), formatted in a FAT32 file system.
- A computer with a USB connector.
- Update file (Please download from this page).
Caution when performing the update
- Never apply this update data to any product other than the ControlPro/HMI. This update data may destroy the data or system program of other products.
- Never power-off your ControlPro while the update is in progress!
If a power failure or similar accident occurs during the update process, it is possible that the ControlPro won’t be able to start up in normal operating mode. This will require servicing, so you will need to contact your Plymovent distributer if this occurs.
- Please perform the update responsibly, following the directions given in this document.
Getting the update file
- Please open/extract the downloaded "Firmware_ControlPro-HMI.zip" file on your computer to get the update files and folder(s) in the "FW_ControlPro-HMI_v3.7.4" folder.
Procedure for the update
Never power-off your ControlPro while the update is in progress. If a power failure or similar accident occurs during the update process, it is possible that the ControlPro won’t be able to start up in normal operating mode.
- Start your computer then connect the USB memory to a USB connector of the computer.
- Please use a USB memory formatted in a FAT32 file system.
- Copy all the update files and folder(s) onto the root directory of the USB-memory device.
- Do not copy the "FW_ControlPro-HMI_v3.5.1" folder.
- Un-mount the USB-memory device through the correct procedure, then disconnect from the computer.
- Connect the USB-memory device to ControlPro/HMI with the power turned off (main switch on ControlPro/Panel to OFF).The USB connector is located at the bottom of the ControlPro/HMI.
- Turn ControlPro power on with the main switch on the ControlPro/Panel.
Before the actual update starts, the ControlPro/HMI may prompt you to perform an touchscreen calibration. If so, use the following procedure:
- Press as accurately as possible on the 5 indicated crosses, with stylus or soft pencil.
- Be careful: do this as secure as possible! This will also affect the accuracy of the touchscreen after the update procedure.
- Touch screen verification (press all 5 red squares, with stylus or soft pencil).
- When you do not succeed calibrating the screen properly, switch OFF/ON the ControlPro system (main switch) and start again.
Update the firmware
- The following screen appears on the ControlPro/HMI display:
- Press the [ Update ] button. The following warning message appears:
- Press the [ Yes ] button. Update process starts:
- Upon completion, "Installation successful" will be displayed:
- Press the [ “back” ] button. Remove the USB stick to reboot:
- The system will reboot.
- First reboot after updating could take some extra time.
- Check if the new firmware version is implemented successfully in the “operational information” screen [ i ] button on the homepage.
- After you perform the update, you must delete the update files from the USB-memory device for the normal usage.